Friday, April 15, 2011

35 days

Where has time gone? As of this coming Sunday, I only have 35 days left as an undergraduate student and Ohio Northern University. This feels absolutely crazy. Before I walk across the stage and receive my diploma, there are a couple more things on my "Bucket List" that I want to cross off.

One thing I want to do before I graduate is pull a good prank. I know that makes me sound like a high school student, but it has always been something I want to do. My housemates and I have been plotting a couple of different tricks we hope to pull on some of our close friends. We were thinking about putting plastic spoons all over their yard or covering someone's car in plasticwrap. (If you have any ideas, please comment!) The only thing holding us back is that the "target" is a house full of boys, who could very well retaliate and start a prank war.

The second thing I want to do is venture past Johnson street and see the outskirts of Ada. In the four years I have been living in Ada, I have never gone past that street. It seems like unknown territory, and I know the likelihood of finding anything interesting or shocking is slim to none, but I still want to take part in the adventure.

Another thing I want to do is have a campfire in my backyard with friends. This probably sounds pretty sappy, but I think it would be fun. We have a fire pit in my backyard that my roommates and I have not use yet. I am not picturing all of my friends and I holding hands and singing "coom-by-ya", just spending time together before we all part ways.

The fact that my college years are coming to an end is sad and scary. It will be strange not to see the same people I have been friends with for four years. As small and simple as these "Bucket List" things may be, I hope I am able to cross them off the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment