Friday, April 29, 2011

My New Friend

This week my best friend Ericka got a puppy. I have been deemed as an Aunt to this wonderful little rascal. Meet Milano, one of the most adorable puppies I have ever seen. She's a pure bred boxer. She looks tiny now, but she will grow to be around 80 pounds.
 After being around her and seeing Ericka's face when she finally got to take her home, I want a puppy of my own.However, I realize that getting puppy now would not be a very good idea. As a soon to be college graduate, now may not be the best time to get a dog of my own. Next year I will be working long days and will also be living in a city.  It would be extremely hard to find the time and energy to train a puppy. 

Ericka is a junior this year and knew that she wanted to get a puppy when she graduated and was going to be living on her own. She decided to get get Milano now so she could train her before she moved away. I think this is a great idea. This way, the dog will be house broken and hopefully listen well.

I want to have a dog of my own within three years. Right now I am looking at two different types of dogs. I think Pomeranian are absolutely adorable. Their hair is crazy and the ones I have played with are nice too. I also like bull mastiffs, a breed that is much larger than Pomeranian. These dogs look tough but are actually very calm.  For those of you who have seen the movie, the dog in The Sandlot is a bull mastiff. Here's a picture of both. 
In my opinion, they both are awesome. Which type of dog would you prefer? Hopefully one of these cuties will be my furry friend soon.

2 comments:

  1. Milano is ADORABLE! Why don't we just blogs about puppies for the rest of the quarter. I think you should go for the bull mastiff. I can just see you with one. You need a dog that will keep you in check. My cousin has one and loves it. The only problem is I feel like bull mastiffs are country dogs. We'll have to finalize living arrangements before we make any final decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I'm so happy you blogged about puppies! I've also been wanting a puppy pretty badly, especially since it seems like everyone is getting them now. I know, though, that it's not very realistic to have one now and our house next year doesn't exactly allow pets, so that kind of puts a damper on that. I've always wanted a little yorkie or a pomeranian, but any cute little dog would work for me. Plus I think it's better right now to just babysit and play with everyone else's puppies for a while and then give them back.

    ReplyDelete