Friday, April 1, 2011

Time To Be A Big Girl!

This Friday marks the end of week 4, which means I am half way through the last quarter of my college career. My goal at the beginning of my senior was to have a job lined up upon graduation. Now I know this is a goal almost every college senior has, however I never realized how much work it would consist of, how stressful it would be and how much it would propel me into realizing that I going to be part of "the real world."

Since fall quarter, I have been applying to numerous entry level positions. Most of the positions have been in communication, social media and public relations. These positions have also been in different fields of communications. However, I have noticed that numerous "entry level" positions require 3-5 years of experience. As a recent college graduate, I do not have that. I have been applying for the positions with this requirement any way, but I do not expect a call back.

During winter quarter, I attended three job fairs that were held by different professional sports teams. I tailored my resume to multiple positions I was thought were interesting. These job fairs allowed me the opportunity to meet face to face with potential employers, which I thought was great. The conversations I had with the professionals led to interviews, both on the phone and face to face. I am eager and excited to see how this long process ends.

As the midway mark for the quarter approaches, I am happy with where I am at in the process. I look forward to moving to a new area, making new friends and establishing myself as a young professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment