Saturday, May 7, 2011

Friends

Over the past couple of weeks, I have truly realized some people's true colors. With graduation around the corner, it has become extremely clear to me who I want to stay in contact with after I leave Ada. It has also become clear to me that I have some of the greatest best friends someone could have. They are loyal, fun, caring and all around amazing individuals. I want to use this blog post to let them know just how much they mean to me.


This is Brittany Bogart, one the nicest people I have ever met. I have been friends with Brittany since I was a freshman. We have been roommates, teammates, partners in crime, snuggle buddies and so much more. Brittany is one of the most selfless people I know. She will do anything to help someone and is the first person to pick you up when you are down. Brittany has experienced some difficult challenges throughout her life, especially during the four years I have known her. Even though she is may be dealing with her own problems, she is the first person to listen to yours. Brittany is one of those people who works and plays hard. She played four years of basketball at ONU, has worked at Padrone's and is a dedicated student. Even though she has these demands to adhere too, she is always looking to have a good time and seems to have fun doing just about anything. She is hands down one of the hardest working, caring and most loyal people I have met at ONU and I am blessed to have her as my best friend.


My second best friend is Ericka Holcomb. The first time I met Ericka was my sophomore year at basketball camp, she too played basketball for ONU. She walked in and had on paint covered basketball shorts, a highlighter yellow shirt, two unmatched socks and a bright pink Disney princess headband. After talking to her for all of about two minutes I said, "we are going to be best friends," and that's what we became. Ericka's upbeat, fun and outgoing personality is contagious. She is the type of person that can brighten anyones day. She is also a great listener and does whatever she can to help people. Over four years, Ericka and I have had thousands of funny moments together. Even though she likes to have fun, she is also an exceptional student. She is studying human resource management and marketing here at ONU, started up an human resource club on campus and also interns with Cooper Tire. There is no doubt in my mind that she will not be successful after graduating. Ericka is hands down, one of the most fun, entertaining and smartest people I know and I am extremely lucky to have her as one of my best friends.


This is a picture of Megan Sybert, but everyone calls her Mae. Although Mae and I have only been friends for two years, I consider her one of my closest friends. Mae is such a genuine and kind-hearted person. She also gives great advice and truly makes the people around her better. She is very sarcastic and likes to joke around with people. Mae goes above and beyond for people she cares about, especially if she knows someone is having a bad day. One thing that is special about Mae is how supportive she is of her friends. She is an avid fan for her friends who play sports, an attendee at events if she is requested by a friend and the first person to congratulate you for doing something well. Even though Mae and I have not been friends for very long, she will forever be one of my best friends.

I chose to write about these three friends because as the year winds down, it has become apparent to me that I would not be where I am today without them. They have helped me when things were hard, celebrated with me and supported me constantly throughout my college career. Brittany, Ericka and Mae have made me a better person and have showed me how incredibly lucky I am to have certain people in my life. I feel the same way about other friends, like Kerri Yarber, Joe Clarkson, Jill Markle, Tricia Fuller and Kelsey Schrock, however I felt like I need to wrap up this post. Thank you to all of you for being as absolutely wonderful as you are, I honestly do not know what I would do without you.

2 comments:

  1. Ellen, I enjoyed reading this post because I feel the same way about all of my best friends. They truly make my college experience so much better and I will never forget our awesome memories we have made here at Northern. I would be lost without my roommates and teammates. I'm so glad I found friends here at Northern who have the same interests as me and like to have fun the same way I do. On that note, I'm so excited that you and I have got to hang out a little more toward the end of this year. The celebration before Senior Send-Off was a blast! We definitely have to party again together these last two weeks at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand why you have to write blogs that make me your graduation such a reality. I feel like we've made this quarter count, and it's been one for the books. You're the greatest! I have no idea who I'm going to smash fast food with at PRSSA socials and mixers. Two more weeks left. Let's make it count.

    ReplyDelete