Sunday, May 15, 2011

And so it ends...and begins?

One final, packing, writing this blog and a stroll across a stage with an obnoxious looking cap on my head. These are the only things left that I have to do before I graduate. What a surreal and bitter-sweet feeling. I cannot believe it how fast these last four years have gone by, especially my senior year. It is mind boggling to think that this is my last week as a student. As eager and excited as I am to start a new "big-kid" chapter in my life, I am so upset to leave this place. In a week and a half, I'll be heading to Columbus, a brand new place that is surrounded by unfamiliar faces (all but my roommate Renee LeGendre's) to start my career with a professional hockey team. Wow.

It is hard to wrap my head around everything that is happening. Each day I am flooded with a mix of emotions sadness, excitement, wiriness and eagerness to name a few. I do not know what I am going to do without some of the people I have been blessed to get to see each day. My best friends will not be within walking distance anymore and our weekly routines are going stop. The demands that come from being a student will finally be lifted off my shoulders, no more homework! I'll have bills to pay, my own insurance, benefits and a professional business card. Part of me feels like I am not ready to totally grow up. Why can't I stay in college and just not pay for it?

I am sure that this post sounds a little depressing and worrisome, but these are all thoughts that have been running through my head for the past few weeks. However, even though I am sad to leave ONU, my friends and the life as a college student, I am anxious and excited to start a brand new chapter in my life. I am ready for a change. I know that I will enjoy living in Columbus, starting my career and making new friends. The friends that I have made at ONU are incredible and there is not doubt in my mind that we will stay in touch. So, as this chapter closes another opens and I feel absolutely blessed to have had chance to experience everything that I have as a college student and for having the opportunity to experience all that lies ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry! It'll be great :) Congrats on graduating and entering a new chapter in your life! Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete